Payment Institutions in Malta
Malta has become a destination of choice for the setting up of Payment Institutions (also referred to as Payment Services Providers or PSPs). A number of advantages has contributed to this success, mainly but not limited to the fiscal incentives granted not only to the payment institutions themselves, but also to their shareholders and highly qualified expatriates. Other advantages include passporting rights and a thriving and a rapidly growing i-Gaming and e-Commerce industry.
Get in touch with us!
Capital requirements for Payment Institutions
PSPs licensed to carry out the above-listed Second Schedule activities are subject to the following initial capital requirements:
- Where the institution only provides money remittance, its capital shall at no time be less than €20,000;
- Where the institution provides the payment service listed in paragraph (g) of the Second Schedule to the Act, its capital shall at no time be less than €50,000; and
- Where the institution provides any of the payment services listed in paragraphs (a) – (e) of the Second Schedule, its capital shall at no time be less than €125,000.
For PSPs that are also licensed to carry out other activities (listed under the First Schedule to the Act) applicable to General Financial Institutions, the MFSA may:
- set a level of initial capital as applicable to GFIs; and
- require additional capital depending on the activities undertaken by the respective PSP’s licensable activities.
Some of the main advantages that Malta has to offer include:
- Advantageous tax treatment
- Access to a wide tax treaty network
- Malta is an EU member state with access to the various EU Directives
- Passporting rights
- A well-educated and English speaking workforce
- Sound technological infrastructure
- Specialist professionals such as accountants, auditors, lawyers and tax advisors
- Attractive tax rates for highly qualified employees working with such institutions
How can we help?
We offer a wide range of consultancy, tax, compliance and accountancy services to assist you throughout in each step of the application process. Our multi-disciplinary team of professionals will not only assist you during pre-licensing process but will be able to provide you with the on-going support you may need with respect to regulatory compliance, accounting and tax matters.
For further information please contact the firm’s tax and corporate services partner Stephen Balzan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Налогообложение компаний на Мальте
Мальтийские компании облагаются налогом по ставке 35% на их доходы и прирост капитала по всему миру. Мальта предоставляет различные финансовые стимулы как компаниям, так и их акционерам при распределении дивидендов.
Учреждение компании на Мальте
Создание компании на Мальте является относительно простой процедурой, и может занять всего 2 рабочих дня, при условии, что нам предоставлена вся необходимая информация, финансовые средства, обязательная и полная документация.
Проживание на Мальте
Теплый климат, дружелюбные люди, развитая инфраструктура коммуникаций, низкая преступность и многие другие особенности мальтийских островов сделали Мальту прекрасным местом для переезда на постоянное проживание.
Remote Gaming in Malta
Payment Institutions in Malta
Electronic Money Institutions in Malta
Malta has recently seen an increase in the number of Electronic Money Institutions (EMIs) looking to set up their operations in Malta. This has been largely due to the growth in the e-commerce and the i-gaming industries.